For homes. For businesses. For you.
Smart-Treat has solutions for your water quality needs.
The Moving Bed Biological Reactor (MBBR) is specifically engineered for high-strength waste streams. It uses an innovative combination of aeration and mechanical mixing inside wastewater tankage with small biofilm carrier elements to grow bacteria and treat wastewater flows.
It provides maximum treatment in a small footprint for restaurants, resorts, factories, office buildings and is effective for ammonia removal and denitrification.
SMART-Treat MBBR can be configured to address a wide range of needs.
Flow equalization can reduce overall design flows by averaging daily water use for systems with large fluctuations in flow.
Add post denite to any existing system that is struggling to meet nitrogen limits.
1. effluent filter 2. dual time dose pump(s) 3. toroidal vortex 4. air diffuser
5. Media seive 6. blower & housing 7. air lift sludge return pump 8. dose pump(s)
The MBBR process at a glance
- Buoyant carrier elements are placed in a tank(s) in sufficient volume to match the treatment requirement
- Compressed air is delivered to a header system near the bottom of the tank
- A biofilm grows on the carrier elements
- The biofilm carrier elements move at random throughout the aerobic reactor tank
- As air passes through the water and past the media, the wastes in the water act as food for the microbes growing on the moving media
- The carrier elements are self-cleaning
- A retention screen is placed at the outlet of the reactor to keep the biofilm elements in the reactor
- Cleaned water is discharged while the settled biological solids are occasionally returned to the primary solids separation policy (septic tank) for routine disposal with primary settled solids